Monday, November 8, 2010

Ready to start!

My individual studies course for my botany major has me working with Dr. Basire. Given my interest in dendrology specifically (That's trees, for you not so plant inclined folks) he's having me care for a sapling and see if I can get it growing this semester. Once it's large enough I also have to identify it.  It's a tiny thing that he gave me, only grown a few inches out of it's pot. Going to move it to ground in a friend's backyard and see how it goes! Definitely excited to see it grow, I haven't been able to identify it yet, it's little more than a black stick, but there does appear to be a little spot of red. Maybe just a blemish? 

Anyway, I've decided to start this blog to keep an eye on it and keep my progress in the whole tree studying thing going. So if you're interested, check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment